House shifting and company shifting all are common things nowadays. For example, when someone gets a job at a new place he/she has to shift to that particular location near it may be or far it may be. So in this scenario(same as in the case of the workplace), one has to transport all his commodities to the other location. In some cases ‘packers and movers’ are approached. Everything is loaded into trucks and sent to the respective location. But ever thought about transporting antiques or valuable paintings without getting damaged? It’s not simple at all. In certain cases ‘old is gold and we need to acknowledge that.
Additional Read: Best Packers And Movers in Visakhapatnam City
Even a small scratch can disvalue the “Valuable”. So loading and transporting these items is a cumbersome process. But like most problems, here also, we have a solution. We have to try pre-loading, pro-transportation, and most certainly pro-unloading. So let’s focus on certain procedures which will ease these cumbersome tasks.
Like every job, you need tools to ease your work. For our work we need things like microfiber cloth, packing peanuts, Packing tape, etc for secure packaging.
Before Starting We Need to do Some Checking.
- Take pictures of all the items so that you can check if there is some damage after unloading.
- Know the value of the commodities. It can be useful if needed by the moving company.
- Don’t forget to check the ‘’homeowners insurance policy’’. This may not regain a lost artifact but will compensate you in such a case.
- Clean the artifact or painting with a microfiber cloth. Don’t use chemicals. This decreases the outward exposure of damage if any.
- Ensure proper packing as mentioned earlier.
So these are the steps to follow during packing. Packing is the most important stage of transporting antiques. If the antiques are stuffed into boxes following the precautionary steps mentioned above damage will either be none or minimal. Although we can’t tolerate even “minimal” in the case precious of precious artifacts.