The task of moving and packing your things when you plan to shift to someplace is quite hectic if you plan to do it by yourself. You will need the help of movers and packers to shift your commodities and other objects. This makes your work easier and there is a sense of security that your things will be delivered safely. To maintain this trust, movers select the packaging material and transport facilities selectively.
Why Go For Trash Bags?
Various articles can’t be fitted properly in a cardboard box for moving. These articles might have a particular shape or might not be suitable for box packaging. To pack such articles, trash bags are highly suitable. They can easily store such objects and make them ready for moving.
- Trash bags secure your articles from dust and pollution effectively. Hence, they can be used as a cover for your objects.
- They can store semi-solid objects easily, hence, they provide a shield to such materials and help to transfer them.
- Trash bags come in various sizes making them suitable to store large objects.
- Trash bags are lightweight, hence, they don’t contribute much to the total weight of the materials.
- They occupy less space, making more space available to store other objects. In this way, you can transfer more articles in a go.
- These bags are very cheap, hence, they won’t increase the services charges of packaging. Also, they are readily available making them a highly preferred choice.
Additional Read: How to Avoid Struggling While Packing and Moving to a New House?
Why Do Movers Say ‘No’ To Trash Bag Packaging?
We know that there are many advantages if we will select trash bags for packaging, it will be a cheap option for packaging. Still, for most of the items, movers won’t agree to trash bag packaging because of safety factors. Though trash bags have their advantages, they can’t be used widely for packaging purposes. This is because, trash bags are very delicate and can be torn out easily, hence, they don’t guarantee safe delivery of the objects.
Many factors determine the strength of trash bags, hence, using them during moving to a distant place is not a preferred option.
- Trash bags are prone to temperature changes. High temperature can melt these bags and the material stored inside them will be exposed to the surroundings and this can deteriorate the quality of the material that was stored inside the trash bag.
- Trash bags get easily torn out and this may spill the semi-solid or liquid material stored inside them. Hence, they don’t provide a safe packaging and are not preferred by movers.
- Though trash bags occupy less space, they don’t provide an adequate amount of barrier between two objects stored in the same transport, this may result in the breaking of one or both materials as they can collide.
- There is another drawback of using trash bags, they are not shockproof. Many times, we store delicate items in these bags, and during a long journey, they might get damaged due to sudden shocks or jerks.
- Also, these bags are very slippery making them the least preferred option to pack any object. Irrespective of their convenient storage, they might cause damage to the materials.
These factors highly impact the usage of trash bags for storing an object. It may seem that low cost and easy packing options are very beneficial for you while moving but it is not because you should consider a long-term benefit. This thing is noted by movers, that’s why they prefer cardboard boxes as they provide high security to your materials. Also, they ensure the safe delivery of your objects. To do so, they need highly durable material for packaging that won’t get torn out easily and will provide sufficient insulation.
Additional Read: How To Pack Lamps For Safely Shifting
When To Use Trash Bags For Packaging?
You might now be thinking about when to use trash bags for packaging as there are certain benefits and limitations associated with their packaging. Certain conditions support the usage of trash bags only because of their ability to store objects of different shapes and semi-solid or liquid objects.
- If you are having lightweight objects that are not much delicate like blankets, clothes, sneakers, etc. you can wrap them in a trash bag. These objects won’t break or get torn out even if the trash bag is torn. Hence, they will occupy less space and make space for storing more objects.
- You can store other inexpensive objects in trash bags and ensure that they don’t get dirty. This will help you to have less expensive packaging if you will use trash bag packaging for suitable objects, other delicate objects can be stored in cardboard boxes.
- Also, if you are moving within a short-range, you can use trash bags for packing. This will be less expensive and also a safe option as the distance to be covered for moving is less.
Hence, by having a proper analysis of all the factors, movers decide whether to use plastic trash bags for packaging or not. Only one factor cannot decide the usage of trash bags because the high priority goes to the safe delivery of your items. The movers have the responsibility to deliver your materials without any damage to them, hence, they will prefer the safest packaging option available.
If you want to insist on packaging using trash bags, the movers will do o but they won’t guarantee safe delivery of your objects, mostly for a long duration as there are high chances of damage to objects in trash bags during a long journey. Hence, you need to decide carefully on your choice before selecting the final packaging material.
The selection of packaging material depends on various factors that include distance, temperature, the shape of the object, size of object, nature of the material, its cost, and much more. To ensure safe delivery, all these factors need to be considered so that your objects won’t get damaged. Hence, movers take note of all these things are proceed with the most suitable option for packaging and moving your objects.
Additional Read: The Ultimate Guide to Leaving Bed Bugs Behind When You Move